Moses Singer is an over 100-year-old NYC based law firm of highly skilled attorneys providing creative legal solutions tailored to our clients’ needs. The firm represents a diverse range of businesses and individuals in corporate and banking transactions, litigations, disputes and investigations, intellectual property, technology, healthcare and life sciences, real estate, business reorganization and bankruptcies, and private client matters-estate planning, wealth preservation and taxation. The firm invests heavily in understanding our clients’ businesses and in developing close relationships with them. Moses Singer becomes a trusted advisor that helps clients navigate through competitive and sometimes treacherous environments and guides them in taking advantage of opportunities.
Position Overview: Director of Talent Acquisition and Engagement
The Director of Talent Acquisition and Engagement will lead all attorney recruiting efforts and initiatives. A law firm is dependent on attracting and retaining the best legal talent. In this key leadership role, the Director of Talent Acquisition and Engagement will drive the firm’s efforts to recruit successful lateral partners and acquire and retain entry level associates and lateral attorneys. This person will team with the Department Practice Chairs and the Management Committee in developing and executing an overall recruiting strategy to meet the firm’s needs and objectives emphasizing a client-driven approach and a diverse workplace. The Director of Talent Acquisition and Engagement will also identify and recruit lateral partner candidates and groups. To be successful in this role, the person should be organized, proactive and able to multitask in various areas of recruiting and engagement. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer of Moses Singer.
- Develop a branding strategy and talking points to increase firm visibility and profile with law schools and lateral candidates.
- Partner with the Department Practice Chairs and the Management Committee in understanding the firm’s goals, objectives and needs in developing a client-focused recruiting strategy.
- Build and cultivate relationships with outside recruiters and supervise search firm efforts.
- Develop and train attorneys in interview skills and candidate selection and assessment tools. Collect and evaluate feedback.
- Coordinate interview schedules and related logistics. Arrange and assess the lateral partner’s client conflict checks and background diligence.
- Track and correspond with candidates. Generate reports and updates for leadership on recruiting efforts and candidates.
- Focus on diversity initiatives and recruiting to build a pipeline of diverse candidates reflective of society and the firm’s goals.
- Undertake research on the market for legal talent and keep abreast of trends in compensation, benefits, and retention strategies.
- Conduct targeted searches using social media, online job platforms and recruiting applications.
- Lead efforts in career development, attorney engagement and retention, including training, continuing legal education and team building.
- Manage the law school recruiting process, on-campus interviews, job fairs, recruiting events, and the firm’s summer associate program.
- Bachelor’s degree: MBA, J.D. or Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of recruiting and professional development experience preferably in a professional service firm such as accounting, consulting, or law.
- Proven ability to develop and execute recruiting strategies and best practices with experience in diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with leadership, candidates, and outside recruiters.
- Experience in career development. Developed and implemented successful strategies for optimal engagement of legal talent.
- Organized and detailed orientated. Proactive and able to multitask and work independently across a number of projects and areas.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Proficient in using Word, Outlook and Excel, and experience in using applicant tracking software and recruiting tools (such as Lawcruit).
- Experience and knowledge of social media (such as LinkedIn) and job placement platforms (such as NALP).
Moses & Singer LLP, a NYC mid-sized full-service firm seeks an Accounts Payable Supervisor and Coordinator to join our Accounting team.
- Day to Day AP function includes: Process high volume of vendor invoices, rush checks and reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Assist with legal/non-legal reimbursements using ChromeRiver application.
- Review cash receipt reports and coordinate with AP Supervisor to determine pmt.
- Assist with the maintenance of AP aging report
- Bank Reconciliations
- Ad Hoc Projects
- 1 - 3 years law firm experience
- Knowledge of Excel\
- Knowledge of ChromeRiver application
- Working Knowledge of Accounts Payable function in Elite Enterprise Elite 3E
- Multi-tasker who is organized, reliable and able to interact with all levels of management (Legal and non-legal)
Moses Singer is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please note Moses & Singer requires its employees to be vaccinated in the office and to show proof of vaccination. All applicants must be fully vaccinated, or plan to be prior to the start of employment, unless otherwise required by law. Candidates must provide proof of vaccination at time of onboarding.
Candidates interested in applying for a position at Moses Singer should contact us email@example.com or by writing to us at:
The Chrysler Building
405 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10174-1299
tel: (212) 554-7800
fax: (212) 554-7700
Attention: Human Resources Department