Practices & Industries
- New York Law School (J.D.)
- Adelphi University (B.A.)
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Robert S. Wolf
Robert S. Wolf is the Chair of Moses & Singer’s White Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations, and Securities Litigation practice groups and Co-Chair of the Litigation group.
His primary areas of practice are securities litigation and investigations, white collar criminal defense, as well as corporate, commercial and real estate litigation. His vast litigation experience is much broader and includes representing corporations and individuals in all stages of federal and state civil, criminal and bankruptcy proceedings, in addition to regulatory enforcement proceedings and arbitrations. Robert regularly represents clients nationwide in significant securities fraud prosecutions and SEC enforcement actions. He tries cases and argues appeals in federal and state courts throughout the country and handles complex international litigations in numerous European Union member countries and other foreign jurisdictions.
High-profile clients subject to unfavorable press or otherwise targeted by the media look to Robert for his extensive experience in crisis management and a well-earned, media-savvy reputation. These clients include high-net-worth individuals, hedge fund professionals, real estate developers, celebrities and entertainers.
Robert handles employment matters in the securities industry and elsewhere on behalf of both employers and employees. Among other things, he negotiated and obtained substantial severance packages for at-will employees in hostile environments; represented broker-dealers and hedge funds against employees in similar matters; and obtained a landmark ruling regarding the U-5 disclosure immunity defeating substantial monetary damage claims.
Recognized as the first American attorney to be permitted into a Russian prison in an actual case, Robert represented a U.S. citizen charged with fraud and money laundering in connection with one of the first joint criminal prosecutions between the United States and the Russian Federation. He is frequently quoted in various publications, including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News and Reuters, and has appeared often as a legal analyst on television.
Robert is rated AV PreeminentTM by Martindale-Hubbell and identifies himself as part of a select group of lawyers recognized for their legal abilities and professional ethical standards. He is also honored with listings in the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions of Law & Politics’ New York Super Lawyers® for White Collar Criminal Defense Litigation.
- Government Fines the Cost of Doing Business? Fox Business, 1/20/14
- Robert Wolf, Attorney at Moses & Singer LLP, Speaks on "What To Do When A Client Gets Arrested?"
- American Bar Association Business Law, Litigation and Criminal Justice Sections
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York Criminal Bar Association