Practices & Industries
- Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits
- Intellectual Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- New York University School of Law (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.A., cum laude)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- New York
Philippe A. Zimmerman
Philippe A. Zimmerman is the Co-Chair and Administrative Head of Moses & Singer’s Litigation practice. Philippe is also a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property/Entertainment and Labor departments.
He has represented clients in a broad of range of matters in his 20-plus years at Moses & Singer. Philippe has substantial experience in connection with commercial disputes, including contract, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair competition and ownership disputes. In addition, Philippe regularly counsels clients in connection with disputes related to licenses, trademarks, copyrights, letters of credit, real-estate, construction and insurance. Over the past few years, Philippe has also been lead counsel for several clients in securities and consumer class-actions.
Philippe represents clients in the financial services, advertising, technology, garment, entertainment, toy and product invention, real-estate, construction and title insurance industries. He has more than two decades of experience representing title companies and their clients, real estate investors and companies, and construction companies in real-estate, construction and ownership oriented disputes.
Philippe strongly believes that successfully representing clients requires careful analysis of the costs and benefits of litigation. In putting this belief into practice, on-going communication with clients is a critical component of effective representation and early case assessment is essential to making a proper strategic decision as to how and whether to proceed with litigation or attempt to resolve a dispute.
Although primarily representing clients in the federal and state courts of New York, Philippe has represented numerous clients outside of New York, including in California, Delaware, New Jersey, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Colorado and Illinois. He also possesses substantial experience with arbitration and mediation having appeared before the American Arbitration Association, the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, and the National Arbitration and Mediation Service.
Philippe, who is on the Board of both the National and New York French-American Chamber of Commerce, has counseled a number of French companies on a wide range of matters and speaks French fluently.
Philippe is rated AV Preeminent™ in his field by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in both Intellectual Property and Labor & Employment by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell.
- "Letters of Credit and Credit Insurance in International Transactions," Moderater, French-American Chamber of Commerce, February 2004
- "Protecting Your Trade Secrets and Clients, and Avoiding Unfair Competition," French-American Chamber of Commerce, November 2002
- "Bankruptcy Considerations in Real Estate Law," First American Title Insurance, July 2002
- American Bar Association
- Board, French-American Chamber of Commerce (National)
- Board, French-American Chamber of Commerce (New York Chapter)
- International Trademark Association
- New Jersey, Essex County, District V-B Ethics Committee (2009-2011)