Practices & Industries
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- George Washington University (B.A.)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Daniel S. Rubin
Daniel S. Rubin is a partner in Moses & Singer’s Trusts and Estates and Asset Protection practice groups. Daniel concentrates on domestic and international estate and asset protection planning for high-net-worth individuals and their families. Additionally, he counsels clients on estate administrations and tax controversies, among many other matters.
Daniel has been named by Worth magazine as one of the "Top 100 Attorneys" in the nation for private clients by Law & Politics, as a "New York Super Lawyer"® 2007-2014 and as one of The Best Lawyers in America® for Trusts and Estates 2009-2014 by U.S. News-Best Lawyers. Daniel is also rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell, identifying him as part of a select group of lawyers recognized for their legal abilities and professional ethical standards.
Daniel frequently lectures to professional groups, and has written numerous articles on estate and asset protection planning matters for various scholarly publications. In addition to his work at Moses & Singer, Daniel serves as Chair of the International Estate Planning Committee of the Trusts and Estates Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, is a peer-elected Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and is an adjunct professor for the LL.M. program in Estate Planning at the University of Miami School of Law. In addition he is appointed Vice President of the New York City Estate Planning Council, Inc.
Daniel is also the co-author of BNA Tax Management Portfolio on "Asset Protection Planning."
- Inside the Minds: Best Practices for Structuring Trusts and Estates, Adapting Estate Planning Strategies to Meet Client Needs and a Changing Legal and Political Landscape, Contributing Author, Aspatore Books (Thomson Reuters), December 2011.
- The PPLI Solution. Delivering Wealth Accumulation, Tax Efficiency, and Asset Protection Through Private Placement Life Insurance, Contributing Author, Bloomberg Press, January 2005.
- The Biggest Legal Mistakes Physicians Make and How to Avoid Them, Contributing Author, Seak, Inc., January 2005.
- Asset Protection Strategies, Contributing Author, American Bar Association, January 2005.
- 47th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning - Protecting Assets Without the Pre-Nup: Use a Self-Settled Trust, 2013
- AICPA Personal Financial Planning Conference - Best Ideas Panel, 2013
- AICPA Personal Financial Planning Conference - Asset Protection Update, 2013
- Moses & Singer LLP Webinar, The $5 Million Window of Opportunity, 2012
- AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference, Asset Protection, 2012
- AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference, Best Planning Ideas Panel, 2012
- AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference, A Layperson's Guide to Understanding Will and Trust Drafting, 2012
- Moses & Singer LLP Webinar, Buying U.S. Real Estate: What Foreign Buyers Need to Know Before Buying U.S. Real Estate, 2011
- Moses & Singer LLP Webinar, 2010 Year-End Estate Planning Opportunities, 2010
- Moses & Singer LLP Webinar, Current Developments in Asset Protection Planning, 2010
- Moses & Singer LLP Webinar, New Developments in Foreign Trusts and Foreign Account Reporting, 2010
- Lawline CLE, New York Prenuptial and Estate Planning for Same Sex Marriage, 2011
- Moses & Singer LLP Program, Marriage Equality: Understanding the Legal and Financial Considerations of Marriage, 2011
- American Law Institute - American Bar Association (ALI-ABA), Teleseminar, Protecting Assets Without a Pre-Nup: Using Self-Settled Trust Strategies, 2011
- BNA Tax & Accounting Webinar, Current Developments in Asset Protection, 2011
- Financial Planning Association of NY, 2011
- 7th Annual STEP/NYSBA International Estate Planning Institute, 2011
- Technology and Practice Management Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, 2011
- American Law Institute - American Bar Association (ALI-ABA), Teleseminar, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts: It's Crummey Being a Trustee, 2011
- ElderLawAnswers, 2011
- National Conference of CPA Practitioners (NCCPAP) Chapter Meeting, Asset Protect Planning, 2010
- Suffolk County Bar Association and Suffolk Academy of Law, Protecting Assets Without a Pre-Nup: Delaware Trusts & Other Strategies for Divorce & Estates Practitioners, 2010
- Institute for International Research’s (IIR) 8th Annual Alternative Investing Through Private Placement Life Insurance (PPLI) & Annuities, How PPLI Can Assist in Planning for Gift, Estate and Generational Taxes, 2010
- Estate Planning Council of New York City, Inc., Review of Materials from the 44th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning, 2010
- French-American Chamber of Commerce and HSBC Bank USA, Personal Wealth Management Update for the International Professional, 2009
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) Estate Planning Committee, 2009
- Family Office Association: FOA Monthly Breakfast Presentation, Wealth Under Attack: How Asset Protection Strategies Can Safeguard Your Assets, 2009
- Ninth Annual New York State Society of CPA's Westchester Tax, Estate and Financial Planning Conference for Accountants and Financial Planners, Irrevocable Trusts Under Attack: The Domestic Relations Angle, 2009
- American Law Institute - American Bar Association (ALI-ABA), Live Webcast, Irrevocable Trusts Under Attack: The Domestic Relations Angle, 2009
- ALI-ABA, 23rd Annual Advanced ALI-ABA Course of Study, Sophisticated Estate Planning Techniques, 2008
- CIR/SEIU Seminar, 2008
- Moses & Singer LLP Breakfast Program, Foreign Buyers of U.S. Real Estate: What You Need to Know Before Buying U.S. Real Estate, 2008
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2008, 2011
- South Carolina Bar, Continuing Legal Education, Wealth Preservation Planning, Part 1, 2008
- Berdon LLP, Asset Protection Seminar, 2007
- Foundation For Accounting Education, 2006, 2012
- Lorman Education Services, The 8 Greatest Estate Planning Techniques, 2006
- Practising Law Institute, 2005, 2007, 2008
- WebCredenza Web Seminar, 2005
- Rochdale Offshore Investment Management, 2005
- Westchester County Accountants Association, 2005
- Mercer County Estate Planning Council, 2005, 2011
- New York State Bar Association-Trusts and Estates Law Section, 2005
- The Financial Planning Association of New Jersey, 2005
- National Business Institute, 2005
- VT Bar Association, 2004
- Thrice Yearly Meeting of the Medical Staff of Huntington Hospital, 2004
- National Business Institute, 2004
- Suffolk Academy of Law, Continuing Legal Education Faculty, 2003-2004
- Rockland County Estate Planning Council, 2002
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 2001
- Lorman Education Services, Asset Protection Planning in New York, 2000, 2005
- DFK International/USA, Inc., 2000
- Peer-elected Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Vice President, Estate Planning Council of New York City, Inc.
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Law Section (Chair - International Estate Planning Committee)
- Member, New York State Bar Association, International Law Section
- Society of Trusts & Estates Practitioners (STEP)